« Home | It is 7am now... » | Shopping is fun... » | I am not myself... » | Meme of Four » | World Cup and Paranoia » | Birthday Blues » | Observations from an unwell fan... » | I love these two ads... » | Familiar people and First Times... » | Goodbye, Good Food and Good Riddance... »

Lame Joke Of The Day

I watched the Merseyside Derby at my friend's, who is a Liverpool fan. It was what you would expect from a derby. Passion, tackles flying around, end to end action. Though I had expected Liverpool to win 2-1 before the match, I was kind of disappointed at how Everton failed to capitalize on the one man advantage.

There were lots of talking points, but the main one must be the dismissal of their inflential captain. He got sent off quite early in the first half. Both of the yellow cards were given a minute apart and well deserved. The first was just silly. The second one was pretty much irresponsible as he went in two footed into the opponent just outside the penalty box. I really thought he must had lost his mind. What a bloody letdown but I bet he is surely thankful to his team mates for coping very well despite his absence.


Read this article first to better understand the joke perhaps.
Special 08 shirts at Mersey derby

Two top footballers have made history by having their shirt numbers changed for an all-important Merseyside derby.

Everton's James Beattie and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard both wore an "08" shirt on Saturday - marking the city's year as Capital of Culture.

The numbers got special permission from the FA Premier League to promote the 08 Ambassadors Programme.

After the match, at Anfield, the two shirts were being auctioned for charity by the Liverpool Culture Company.

The 08 Ambassadors programme has been created for well-known people to spread the word about the city and its role as European Capital of Culture 2008.

Q: Why is Gerrard's 08 jersey worth more than Beattie's 08 jersey?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A: Cos Gerrard's one would be very clean as worn only for 18 minutes and comes with a red card also. :)

The Author

About me

Who am I?
You can call me Jul

What I do?
Full Time Underpaid and Reluctant NSF/Part Time Weekend Footballer

What I think about me?
I don't know what to write here honestly. Kinda weird to describe myself. I don't want to sound full of myself or put myself down too much like I usually do...so hey, if you think I am what you think I am, then I am really what you think I am then...I'm fine either way...

My profile
Powered by Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!