« Home | OMG!!! I'm gonna get lucky!!!11!! » | Bye Bye Sissy... » | In the mood for CNY? » | What they didn't show you on the telly.... » | A typical workday... » | Rain Rain Go Away » | New Year Resolutions » | Ushering in the new year... » | Auld Lang Syne 2005... » | In the mood to get married.... »

I found the remedy to ace the presentation...

The conclusion to the project is coming. I'm having the viva at the end of this week. Pretty fast indeed, right after the CNY holidays. I saw this article just now and got me pondering a little.

Sex helps calm nerves before public speaking

Full sexual intercourse offers the best results, psychologist says

LONDON - Forget pretending you are talking to one person or concentrating on a single point in the audience — having sex is good way to calm nerves before giving a speech or presentation.

But Stuart Brody, a psychologist at the University of Paisley in Scotland, said it has to be full sexual intercourse to get the best results.

He studied nearly 50 men and women who recorded their sexual activities for two weeks and analyzed its impact on their blood pressure levels when under acute stress, such as when giving a speech.

Brody discovered that the volunteers who had sexual intercourse were the least stressed and had blood pressure levels that returned to normal more quickly than people who engaged in other types of sex.

But people who had abstained from sex had the highest blood pressure response to stress.

Even after taking into account stress due to work or other factors, the range of responses to stress were best explained by sexual behavior.

“The effects are not attributable simply to the short-term relief afforded by orgasm but rather, endure for at least a week,” Brody told New Scientist magazine said on Wednesday.

He believes that the release of the so-called “pair bonding” hormone oxytocin might explain the calming effect.

I have one question for the researchers. Hmmm, so only full intercourse would have an effect? Anal and oral sex won't calm one down before a presentation huh? HAHAHAHA. Damn, like that I must be really stressed up according to this article. HELP!111!!

In fact I would need a little help from above if I am as crap as I was at today's practice. But no fear, I have got a rough script ready for the occasion. That should tide me through safely. Of course it's lame to do a presentation by reading from your notes thus I need to memorise a little of it and get myself familiarized with what I am going to talk about that day.

Honestly, I think the grading system for the FYP is flawed to say the least. 50% for the viva? What the hell? Are they trying to say that the stuffs you had done for the past few months isn't as significant as the hour of presentation/demo? So alright, as long as you are a smooth talker and understand your work well even though your project might be shit, you basically would had passed your FYP. I had never really felt comfortable with their weird grading system. This is pretty cocked up. Even my colleagues agree when I told them the grading percentages.

Oh yea, also gotta fix that last pesky error of course. Sigh. That is why I hate IT.
It's just never ending. When you think everything is fine and done, out pops some thing. In fact that error is 2 weeks overdue because I was occupied with the report and presentation. If I don't solve that, I'm pretty much screwed on Friday. Hurray!


The Author

About me

Who am I?
You can call me Jul

What I do?
Full Time Underpaid and Reluctant NSF/Part Time Weekend Footballer

What I think about me?
I don't know what to write here honestly. Kinda weird to describe myself. I don't want to sound full of myself or put myself down too much like I usually do...so hey, if you think I am what you think I am, then I am really what you think I am then...I'm fine either way...

My profile
Powered by Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!