« Home | In the mood for CNY? » | What they didn't show you on the telly.... » | A typical workday... » | Rain Rain Go Away » | New Year Resolutions » | Ushering in the new year... » | Auld Lang Syne 2005... » | In the mood to get married.... » | Idiots who deserve a big spanking from Santa » | Work, Watch and Listen »

Bye Bye Sissy...



I awoke this afternoon to find out that Pool got themselves Robbie Fowler on a free transfer. That was quite a surprise really, it came out of nowhere! I have never thought he would be back after how he was booted out by Houllier. My first thought was that it was a pretty shrewd decision by Benitez to bring "God" back. Firstly, the deal is only till the end of the season. If he makes it and Benitez likes what he sees, they can give him a longer deal. If it doesn't works out, he can be dumped. It's a no risk transaction really. Secondly, I guess he wants to have a core of homegrown players in every department, I mean like Carragher in defence and Stevie G in midfield. They are all born and bred in Liverpool and will bleed for the club. Now with Fowler back, everything is well again.

Secondly, he's fixing their striking options without splashing cash. Their upfront looks a little lightweight. They only really have 3 recognized strikers and no, Sinama doesn't count as he's still a raw talent. What they need is someone who's experienced and a good
finisher, Fowler can provide that but that is definetly not what Cisse possess of course. Especially after that horrendous open goal miss from so near the goal against ManU last week. Even a neutral fan like me watching it was disgusted and shouted vuglarities at the telly. Bloody hell, even my grandmother could had tapped it in with ease.

He came with a huge reputation and hype but have not really shown what he is truly capable of like in his Auxerre days. It must have been frustrating for Pool fans to see so little of that from him ever since he came on a record fee. Cisse is only good with his pace and it's not an open secret that Benitez doesn't really fancy him, judging from the early season where he wasn't played much and when he did, placing him on the right wing? WTF? I can guess Fowler's return would pretty much spell the end of Cisse. While I was re
ading the news, I'd noticed this article also.
Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse was cautioned by police for assaulting his pregnant wife, police said today.

The 24-year-old French international, who married wife Jude last June, was arrested at his home in Frodsham, Cheshire, last night. He was taken to a police station nearby and questioned before accepting a caution for common assault.


A Cheshire Constabulary spokesman said: "At around 9.40pm on the evening of Thursday 26th January, police attended an address on Manley Road in Frodsham after receiving an allegation of assault on a 30-year-old woman.

"As a result of police inquiries, a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of section 39 assault. The man was interviewed at a police station and cautioned in respect of the assault."

Last October, the flamboyant forward announced that he and his wife were expecting their first child together in spring of this year. The couple both have children from previous relationships.

In the same month, he admitted assaulting a 15-year-old boy in a London park after the teenager mocked him while he filmed an advert. A spokesman for Liverpool FC declined to comment.

That is no way to treat any lady, let alone one who is carrying your damn baby for heavens sake. What a bastard. Anyway if he does go, I would miss his horrible hairstyles...NOT.


The Author

About me

Who am I?
You can call me Jul

What I do?
Full Time Underpaid and Reluctant NSF/Part Time Weekend Footballer

What I think about me?
I don't know what to write here honestly. Kinda weird to describe myself. I don't want to sound full of myself or put myself down too much like I usually do...so hey, if you think I am what you think I am, then I am really what you think I am then...I'm fine either way...

My profile
Powered by Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!