« Home | I finally got this shit right... » | Everyday's a Friday this week » | Pissed off on Deepavali » | Audio Therapy of The Week #7 » | Crap Course (Part 4) » | I miss school...sort of... » | Audio Therapy of the Week #6 » | So much telly to watch, so little precious time...... » | Who wanna watch FREE movie? » | Audio Therapy of the Week #5 »

Audio Therapy of The Week #8

Mention local music to any locals and ask if they could come up with some names, most would probably come out with those Chinese singers that went to Taiwan and became household names. What about the pretty non-existant English music? Honestly, if you questioned me to name one English singer/group from our island some months ago, I would be stumped by that. But not any more, when I happened to tune in to a pretty grainy and edgy MV many many months ago.

The song was easy listening and catchy. I thought the MV was pretty low quality and who the hack was them? The name is Electrico, a band consisting of 4 dudes and 1 lady(!!!). I never heard of them before. It was when I tuned in to Perfect 10 sometime later after I viewed the MV that I finally knew the answer. They were a group from our island!?!?!?!?! That was impressive and surprising.


After some investigation, I found out the song on the MV was called "Runaway", which was their second single off their debut album. Their first hit single was "I Want You". Just a few weeks ago or so, I think I heard "Good Time" also. I love 'em all. After them, there was this female singer called Corrinne May who released her 2nd album this year. I guess it's time for the local English scene to catch up with the more popular local Chinese market here.

I Want You

Runaway

Good Time

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z68KYHO9KP4D0GCG5CW7TUHLS

PhUck man wanted to post in ur chatterbox but it seemed to be bugged..... currently using firefox is there any known problems with FF with chatterbox ?

Post a Comment

The Author

About me

Who am I?
You can call me Jul

What I do?
Full Time Underpaid and Reluctant NSF/Part Time Weekend Footballer

What I think about me?
I don't know what to write here honestly. Kinda weird to describe myself. I don't want to sound full of myself or put myself down too much like I usually do...so hey, if you think I am what you think I am, then I am really what you think I am then...I'm fine either way...

My profile
Powered by Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox!